Company Statement on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
To our valued customers:
In response to the elevated risks of the COVID-19 virus, Yusen Logistics is monitoring the situation at a global and local level for our business units. We are following the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure the safety and wellness of our employees and business.
We have instituted the following policies and procedures related to COVID-19:
- Review and update the Yusen Business Continuity plan for the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Prohibit all non-essential business travel (domestic and international).
- Reinforce the need to follow local authorities’ guidelines and recommendations.
- Outreach to employees with messaging around workplace hygiene, authoritative websites to monitor, and sanitizing efforts for our sites.
- Encourage employees who are sick to stay home.
- Implement visitor guidelines for those coming to our locations.
Our Commitment to Service Excellence.
We are very appreciative of the information our customers continue to share with us related to their supply chain concerns and risks. The Yusen Logistics global network has focused on maintaining our commitment to meet customers’ needs since the outbreak of the virus in Wuhan, China; and we will continue to proactively respond to the impact of the COVID-19 virus. We are confident in our preparation and contingency planning, and we remain committed to providing superior service to customers. Our teams are communicating regularly with carrier partners to secure additional cargo space capacities, as well as continuing to monitor operations for potential service modifications. We will continue to support customers with up to date information and solutions to keep their shipments moving.
President & CEO
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
Customer Advisory Downloads
Global Map by John Hopkins
WHO Coronavirus Homepage
Centers for Disease Control and Protection
US CDC Travel Notices
EU Guidance (by country)
Impact on Shipping (Nepia)
Air Transport & Communicable Diseases (IATA)